Saturday 25 October 2008

Kintore Classic


200km of pain today. At least the sun shone. I was happy as a pig in shit on the flat - it was wide open and windy on the run down to Fettercairn. Like riding in Belguim. Then I had to carry my 80 kilo fat arse up the Cairn o' Mount, which was purgatory however I still finished joint third from our group.

The rest of the ride was a blur. A war of attrition. My legs weren't happy and wanted to stop. I made them go on. They hurt more. Eventually finished in just over 7 hours.

The important stats - 2,500m of climbing, ave HR 140 (although it felt a lot worse than that) and just over 6,000 calories burned. The wost thing was that I had no appetite when I got home. You'd think after all that time in the saddle, and after burning 6,000 calories, I'd be hank marvin!!

That's it for the season now. Three weeks off, during which I will do the odd ride but mainly focus on drinking beer and eating pies.

No comments: