Saturday 8 August 2009

2009!

Oops! Got a bit careless with keeping this up to date! Forgot all about it if truth be told. It's only since getting onto Twitter, and reading other people's blogs (Simon Lamb, Helen Nutter) that I decided to resurrect it.

Season's into the last third now and what have I achieved? Nae very much to be honest. More PB's at Time Trialing but I do find that pretty dull. Did a few of the Super 6 series, Scotland's equivalent of the Premier Calendar, and had a bit of success at that. The best race was round 5 in Aberdeen where we bossed the bunch and got three of our guys into position for the sprint. I did long turns on the front keeping the pace high - what a buzz!

But apart from that it's been pretty dull. Only crashed once so far, in the first Super 6 at Gifford in March. It was the week before our Mallorca training camp and when I went down I was sure that I was going to break my collarbone. Fortunately I came away with just severe bruising and was ok.

So what does the end of the season hold for me?

15th August National RR Champs at Hawick
23rd August Vets RR, Balfron
30th August 25TT Aberdeen (Glegg Trophy)
5th & 6th September Cairngorm Cycling Festival
13th September Ythan APR
19th September 10TT Aberdeen
27th September TLI Race of the fallen leaves

Fingers crossed I can come away from that lot with something!!

No comments: