Saturday 30 August 2008

One month, six races, to go

I can't really believe where this year has gone. It seems like just yesterday that I was excitedly packing to go out to Mallorca for our Spring training camp. Now, there's just six races to go (and four of those are next weekend!) and that'll be the season over. Must be getting old.

Highlights so far: -
  1. Taking 2 minutes off my PB in the National 25 in June
  2. Winning the handicap prize in the Fitnut 50TT in June
  3. Getting better at holding my position in the bunch, particularly with better riders (Cat 1/2)

Disappointments: -

  1. Crashing in the Dundee RR in July. Felt really good that day after my holiday, but I was out of the race after less than a mile :-(
  2. Not getting under 25 mins at Garlogie for a 10TT
  3. Being generally shit for much of August

Still, maybe I can redeem myself over the next three weeks.

Watch this space....

No comments: